Now it is term 3, it might be time to begin blogging with your more talented students.
Do you have a student with a passion for horses, LEGO, Minecraft, netball, astronomy, reading etc?
If the answer is YES, then maybe they could have their own blog to share their knowledge with other class members as well as the rest of the world.
Students who have their own blog need to be keen and eager to connect with others as well as write about their passion. Here is an example of a student showcasing their voice.
Penelope began in mid 2015 when in grade 2 and worked on her blog for about a year.
What did Penelope learn about being a good digital citizen when using her blog?
- how to use creative commons image
- how to add images and videos to her blog
- taking part in a global blogging challenge
- replying to comments from her viewers
- writing posts relating to information in comments
- using a variety of tools on her posts
- how to add widgets using embed code (some of these are no longer working as they are not secure sites)
- how to write great posts in paragraphs including images or videos
- using her voice to express her opinion
If you have some students who might be keen to start their own blog, please get in contact with me (check the email contact on the sidebar).
I will need to know student name, student email, grade student is in, school, teacher name and if teacher wants a class blog.
I will be running afternoon sessions for those students who might need help. You will find this blog helpful and the classroom link will be found on the sidebar there from the beginning of August.