I am 9 years old my hobbies are art, blogging and origami. I have 1 chick, 5 chickens and 2 stick insects.
I have a sister called Alannah.
My favorite books are Harry Potter.
My favorite foods are sushi and curry.
My friends are Gorgina, Olive, Mira, Lola and Rosie.
Hi. It’s Ida and my favourite animal is a bird and one of my favourite birds is a parrot.
Parrots are funny, talkative birds. They can copy just about anything you say. It’s really funny!
Here are some facts about parrots:
- There are around 372 different types of parrots.
- Most parrots live in tropical areas, such as in the jungles of India and Africa.
- Parrots have strong curved beaks, short legs and clawed feet.
- Parrots have lots of different colours – sometimes they are red, green, blue, orange or yellow. .
- Parrots are one of the most intelligent types of bird.
- Some species are known for copying people.
- Most parrots eat seeds, fruit, nectar, flowers or small insects.
- Some parrots can live for over 80 years.
- New Zealand is home to some very different parrots including the kea, kaka and kakapo.
- Keas are large, intelligent parrots that live in alpine areas of New Zealand’s South Island. They are the world’s only alpine parrot and are known for their curious and sometimes cheeky behavior near ski fields where they like to steal small items and dent cars.
- .Kakapos are also the world’s heaviest parrot.
- The flag of Dominica features the sisserou parrot.
My information came from: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/animals/parrot.html
Here is a video of a parrot having a conversation with a person:
Do you like parrots now?
Please comment soon!