These projects were created by Hobart College students in 2017.
Working in teams and given only three weeks, their challenge was to build on their study of robotics to make a game that uses haptic feedback.
Projects were evaluated by the teacher according to the following criteria…
- Blog post – How well does it showcase the project and the design process?
- Project proposal – Was it realistic? Was it clearly defined?
- Programming – How much understanding is demonstrated?
Additionally, projects were evaluated by self- and peer-assessment according to the following criteria…
- Usability – How easy is it to use? How easy is it to work out what it does?
- Function – How well does it work?
- Value – Is it fun? Is it useful?
- Use of time and other resources
- Bug Glove MK IV - Tim, Jonathan, JaydenOur project is a haptic claw and car controlled by a glove and D-Pad. It could be used for precise operations. The way we did this is we had it set up so when the buttons were active the glove would lock and when the glove moved the claw closed. The original concept for the Bug-Glove…by BugBoys
- Epic Dodge Ultimate: Ultimate Extreme EditionEpic Dodge Ultimate: Ultimate Extreme Edition is this little game where you're a block and you have to turn a wheel to move it so you can dodge incoming blocks that fly at you with increasing speed. Haptics are involved in the game by making the wheel shudder and turn a bit when you come…by hc.jackson.alexander.00
- Push It Game - Rodney & JarredThe project we were working on was a game where you would wait for a random command to pop-up on the screen, you would have to perform the actions then said on screen, these actions consisted of "Push It, Bang it, Twist it and Wave It. We had to use the Touch, Ultrasonic and Motor blocks to be able to do…by hc.rodney.carver.00
- Remote Car - James & LukeThis remote car is a wireless Bluetooth car that drives in a matter of forward and back as well as a haptic steering system and doesn't compromise speed. It comes with another Ev3 brick that is the remote control connecting wireless with the car performing given actions from the remote control to the robot. It's…by hc.james.anderson.04
- Collision Sensor - Ben & RyanOur collision sensor is used to help blind people avoid obstacles in their path. We designed this device to assist blind people to move about the community with ease. Description This project is used to help blind people by using sound as an indication of how close they are to an object, but this may be problematic in loud environments so we…by hc.ben.palaszewski.00
- Blindfold Gun - Daniel & ConnorOur initial thought when designing our robot was to make a game like pong, but then we had the idea to make a gun. The idea was that it would detect colour, and spin a counterweight clockwise or counterclockwise depending on what colour is detected. There was going to be a point system that would…by hc.connor.maryniak.00
- Simon Says - Brian & DarrianSimon Says is a simple memory game. The idea was to have different colours of bricks symmetrically placed on a wheel with the wheel hooked on motor. Programmatically the wheel would be rotated in a random sequence which in a player's perspective would see a random set of colours pause between intervals of a second. The player would…by hc.brian.shisanya.00
- Memory Timer - Adem, Reuben, JackOur project was a game involving haptic feedback. In it, the robot displays a number (e.g. 5 seconds), followed by Start!, then a blank screen. The player needs to count to 5 and push the button when they believe that 5 seconds has passed. Then the game tells you how close you got. We chose…by hc.jack.carver.00
- Circle Rush - James BCircle Rush is an EV3 Lego robotics game coded in Java using the leJOS library. In this project you start as a unit made of two circles. You must dodge enemies bouncing off the side of the screen, but beware when they hit you - your steering wheel rotates also losing health in the process. Once your…by hc.james.burgess.00
- Safe Cracker - Luca & BrandonThe Safe Cracker haptic game puts the player in the role of a thief breaking into a safe with unknown contents. Luckily, the player is a master locksmith and knows exactly how to break into said safe. The game consists of a brick interface, a motor to act as a safe dial, a motor to…by hc.brandon.phillips.01
- Fishing Game - Callum & MatthewOur game is a fishing game. We built a fishing rod out of LEGO and the EV3 brick. The gryo sensor detects when you cast the rod. You then wait until you get a bite. If you get a bite, start winding. If not, cast again. As you wind…by hc.callum.lord.00
- Remote Control Obstacle Course - Dylan & Connor SOur haptics project is a remote controlled robot vehicle, with a built-in timer, put into an obstacle course for people to race around. The robot and the controller are connected via Bluetooth. The robot uses light sensors so that it does not fall of the table or go over the boundary lines. The controller uses touch…by hc.dylan.hardy.01