Students were given the following challenge…
Program your robot to run an “obstacle course” in the fastest time, reliably.
You can choose whether to make your robot run the course by itself (autonomous), controlled by a human (remote control), or some combination of the two.
Your robot is required to drive around an obstacle, then drive back to the finish area.
YouTube playlist of the robots here…
Here are their results…
- Obstacle coursethe challenge was to make a robot that runs a course and get back to the black square we first used a ultra sonic sensor to detect when it is close to the middle it didn't work so we decided upon using a color sensor to detect the edge of the table and turn accordingly…by hc19jackr
- Obstacle CourseIn this challenge the goal was to circle around an obstacle in the middle of the table while starting and finishing in the appropriate boxes. This could be achieved by either autonomous movement or remote control. The robot is capable of both autonomous movement and remote control. The autonomous movement is it secondary function. written at…by hc19dylan
- Obstacle Course: Remote Controlled RobotThe task was to make a robot/machine that can go up and down the table making a U-turn around an object at the top, so I thought I would be unique and make a remote controlled car. The idea was that the car copied the controller exactly, in other words it was mimicking it. Prototypes:…by hc19harrison
- Auto Obstacle CourseOur challenge was to design a remote controlled or automatic robot that could get around an obstacle. We choose to build a robot that could autonomously get around the obstacle. The robot does not work for a two main reasons. The robot is not well designed for this particular challenge The code is complicated and…by hc19kessler
- Obstacle Course - Automonous carThe class got given a challenge to get our robot around a oversized Lego brick (other obstacles will work) by either remote control or autonomous. We chose to make an autonomous robot car, we managed to get the robot around the obstacle as well as being the fastest in the class. The project was a…by hc19brendan
- Our Obstacle Course projectWe designed and constructed this robot, to partake and complete the obstacle course project. Challenge Program your robot to run an obstacle course in the fastest time This challenge introduces the following concepts Autonomous v remote control reliability and repeat ability Bluetooth? (intermediate -…by hc19nick
- Obstacle course thingThe robot ran the obstacle course and ran it in a little bit over 9 seconds. The robot managed to get around the Lego brick using the ultrasonic sensor to detect when it was past it and proceeded to do a series of movements which would get him around to the other side and then…by hc19matthew