How do we upload video?
To upload video to a post, you can either upload it directly to the site using the “Add media” button or, if possible, upload to youtube and then just drop the youtube link into your post.
When uploading video directly to the Robotics and Game Development site…
- Please record your video as either an *.mp4 (e.g. using an Android phone) or *.mov (e.g. using an iPhone/iPod).
- Avoid *.avi if possible, because avi files need to be downloaded completely before playing back so mp4 and mov are better for streaming.
- The maximum size for uploads onto this site is 20MB, so you need to keep your video short and record it in a fairly low resolution. Generally speaking, video recorded on a phone or a still camera should be fine, but you might need to experiment a bit with this.
For some devices (like phones, iPads and tablets), the ‘Add Media’ button does not work. In this case, you have several options:
- You can put the file in our Dropbox account using the URL below (no sign-up required).
- You can upload them to an OSX mac over USB cable. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302
- Similarly, you can share photos and movies over the Android charging
cable plugged into a Windows or OSX computer. https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804?hl=en
- For everything except iPads and iPhones, you can save the files to a microSD card and then plug that into your computer, if you have a microSD to USB adapter.
Then, once you have the files on your PC, go to the Robotics and Game Design blog page you are editing and press the ‘Add Media’ button. Then you can drag and
drop the video/pictures or browse to find them.