These projects were created by Claremont College students in 2016.
Working in teams and given only two weeks, their challenge was to make a robotic game that is fun to play, but simple enough to build/rebuild in a lesson
Projects were evaluated by self- and peer-assessment, according to the following criteria…
- Project proposal
- Use of time and other resources
Check out last year’s playful inventions.
- Reaction DuelReaction duel is like a duplicate version of the original reaction timer class project that involves a face popping up on the screen and the button being pressed and then the reaction time being displayed on the screen. Now imagine that two people are using a reaction timer each this is what becomes the dual…by cc16floydl
- Claw Chomper Claw MachineThis is a Claw Chomper Claw Machine. This is a very hard robotic project to do, especially doing the construction on the robot. It does move left and right, Big Claw, It drops the claw all the way to the floor and other cool features as well. Big Thanks to Dave, for…by cc17lukek
- ObstacleOur game is called "Obstacle". This game involves getting around the track within a time frame and if you crash there will be time taken off as you will have less time to get around the track. This robot and the program took a while to fix up but it finally got to the finish!…by cc16alethiao
- GuitarWe have made a guitar. The main use of the guitar was to hopefully remake Guitar Hero as a "playable game" using the EV3 bricks. It all went well apart from the simple fact of us not doing the rest of what we planned. Sadly it's not really a game as we ran out of…by System_Virus
- Cutlery CatapultCatapult, LEGO thrower, Cat-Lery (catapult + cutlery) What would it be like to throw LEGO across a room at the press of a button? Pretty cool, actually. Our original ideas were to make 1 of 3 things: a car game using the EV3 brick as the screen; a catapult inspired…by cc17dylanm
- Simon SaysOur robot game is essentially Simon Says. It has 4 light sensors and uses the two different light modes (ambient light intensity & reflected light intensity) and piano notes to display a random sequence and the player must press the correct buttons to proceed to the next level. When the next levels sequence is playing,…by cc17jaydent
- BasketballOur team (Brodie, Kyle and Dylan) came up with the idea of making a Basketball game. This idea came from us just throwing rubbish in the bin. The construction of it took a fair while for us to come up with as we tried a variety of ideas but all failed. We fiddled around with different…by cc16dylann
- Drag RaceIt's a hand generator car race for 2 players. My inspiration was because it was fun and joyful. I used some ideas from nxtprograms.com to make my ideas. I learnt that motors can transfer electricity to another motor, and how the robot works. The first robot worked better because its motor worked better, but the second…by cc17michaelc