Your blog is looking good now, so it is time to write some posts so other students and teachers can start leaving comments.
Your first post might be about why you are blogging and what you will be writing about in your blog. You might mention any problems you have had so far with setting up your class blog.
Now start writing some posts where students and visitors can leave comments. To make this easier, have a question at the end of your post that they can answer.
How to write a post
- In your dashboard, hover over the +new and click on post.
- Make sure you have two rows of icons visible. If the icons are words or letters rather than pictures, then click on the Visual tab at the right. We only use the Text tab when embedding.
- Remember to include a title for each post.
- If you have written your post on a Word document and used the spellchecker, then click on the icon with the T. Copy and paste your word document in here, then click insert.
- If you haven’t written in a Word document, then start typing in the big post box.
- When typing in Word, don’t do any formatting like headings or larger font or coloured words. Do all that once the document is in your blog post area.
- When you have finished writing the post, click the large blue button (submit for review) so your teacher can check it then publish it for you. If you still haven’t finished the post, click the save draft button instead. This shows your teachers that you don’t want the writing published yet.
- Later in the course you will learn how to include categories and tags as well as add images to your posts. But if you want to get ahead, you can always go to the Edublogs help and support page here. Instructions might be wordy but they do show step by step how to do something.
- To get back to a post you saved as a draft, go to your dashboard> posts> all posts. Find the post you want to edit, hover over it and click on edit underneath. This should take you to your post that you need to finish. Keep saving as a draft or click the blue button when ready to publish.