If you didn’t get into our online classroom this week, then here is the new link to join us. The blackboard collaborate link is now on a server in Australia, rather than in Europe so the URL will have an au at the beginning rather than eu.
Each week, check the “Work completed” page in the header of this blog. You can see what you need to do by the end of this term. As you complete the work for the work completed page, you could tell me while in the online classroom lessons on Fridays or you could leave me a comment on this post or the work completed page.
This week’s work
- Add the new link to our classroom onto your sidebar links area. Read this post if you have forgotten how to add a link to your sidebar. Steps 4/5 are the important ones to read. Add it under the Get Help area. Seth – also add link to Mr Samphier’s students Zac – add links to Mrs Moore, Mrs Coe, Mr Fenn’s students as well.
- Luka – go to next activity. Seth – finish football on the oval draft. Zac – finish ANZAC Day march. Boys – to get to your draft, dashboard> posts> all posts, then hover under your draft and click on edit. This will open into your post area for you to finish the post. Remember to explain things well and take note of anything I have written in red. Delete my red writing before submitting.
- Luka and Zac – go to next activity. Seth – you need to change your blog theme to something that is mobile friendly – dashboard>appearance> themes, choose mobile friendly category then choose theme.
- Create a pet for your blog sidebar. Here are the instructions.
- Visit some student blogs listed on the sidebar and leave some comments.
- Write another post maybe explaining why you chose that pet, or explain the comments you left on other student blogs.
Notice you all need to complete an “About Me” page. To do this copy what you wrote in the about me post and paste it into a page instead. Refresh your own blog once I have published it and it should appear near sample page in your sidebar. If you can’t see sample page on your blog anywhere, then go to widgets and drag across the pages one.