In this week’s lesson, you each added a clock widget to your sidebar. Here are the steps you followed, in case you need to change the clock:
- Open student blogger’s blog and right click open in a new tab on Miss W’s clock in the sidebar.
- This takes you to this website. In the top header, hover over free fun and click on make a clock for your site.
- Make any changes you need to the clock and keep clicking on Continue. You can see what the changes are as you make them by looking at the clock on the right.
- When you have finished creating your clock, you need to copy the embed code. This is also called HTML code.
Now come back to your blog dashboard> appearance> widgets to embed the code in a text box which you have dragged across to your sidebar area.
Put in a title for the widget them paste the embed code and save.
There are many different widgets you can add to your sidebar. They all work the same way – create the widget on their website, copy the embed or HTML code then come back to your dashboard and add the code in a text box under widgets. If you can’t find the embed code easily look for these words or icons:
embed code HTML publish share
Try now to create one of these widgets:
- Weather – Willyweather website, Accuweather website
- Voki – click on the create button and make your Voki
- Pet – create a cyberpet to use on your sidebar
Here is a video about how to create a Voki, start at about 1.00 minute.
Visit other student blogs to see what widgets they might have like a flag counter, bookshelf, brainpop riddle, wonderopolis question.
Can you find any other great widgets to add to your blog sidebar?
Write a post about widgets.