Have you finished last week’s work about adding an image? Have you left a comment on my post? I asked:
Leave a comment:
What was the hardest part about adding an image to your blog post? Why do you think it is important to add an image of some sort?
This week’s work
What makes a great comment?
Here is a video made by a group of grade 3 students in Mrs Yollis’s class in California, USA. There is a link to her special photograph blog on the sidebar under global classes.
Now you have finished watching the video, I want you to visit at least three student blogs on the sidebar and also one of the student posters blogs. But you will need to be prepared first.
- Start a new post on your own personal blog
- The title will be something like Visiting blogs or Leaving comments
- Write three or four lines about what makes a great comment – get ideas from the video – save your draft
- Visit one blog and leave a fantastic comment – copy your comment and paste it in your post you have started writing – mention whose blog you left the comment on – save draft
- Now visit two more student blogs and do the same – comment – copy comment, paste in post – mention blog again, save draft again
- Visit a student poster
- Find a great post you would like to comment on
- Leave a comment – copy comment and paste in post mentioning blog and post you commented on – save draft
You should now have a great post about commenting.
- Add your category – blogging tips
- Add your tags – comments, visiting
Here are some examples of posts written by other students learning about commenting
Jena – leaving comments and writing a post
Thanumi – how to leave a comment and commenting guidelines video she created
You have two weeks to get this post done. If you finish early then check the Work Completed to see what else you can do.