October through December, I run a student blogging challenge. There are often over 2000 students from about 20 countries of the world taking part. Each week I write a post with activities for students and classes to choose from. So this week there are two things to do if you want to join the challenge and connect with other children around the world that are your age and have the same interests. If you don’t want to join then go down the post to “Still got time for more work this week” and go on with activities from there.
I want to join the challenge, Miss W!
First you need to fill in a form to register for the challenge. Here is a link to the post where the form is. Read the information at the top of the post then fill in the form. If you make a mistake with your URL don’t worry as I will be able to change it.
Second, so you can easily get to the challenge activities from your blog, you need to add the badge to your sidebar. To do this, find the big purple challenge badge on my sidebar. Right click on the image and save it to your computer. Now in a new window, open your blog dashboard> appearance> widgets> drag across the widget called “image widget”
When it opens click on select an image> top left corner click on upload files> now click on select files> find the image where you saved it on your computer and click on it and open it. Your screen will now look something like this:
- Change the title to Connecting globally or I’m taking part in:
- Click on the big blue button at the bottom
- Now your screen will be back to your widget area and you only have two more things to do.
- There is a box called Link – put in the following URL http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org
- Stay in window use dropdown arrow and make Open in new window
- Align use dropdown arrow to make centre
- Finally click the Save button
When you next open your blog, your badge should be there ready to click on for the activities starting on 1st October.
Still got time for more this week:
- Check on the work completed
- Have you written an interesting post of your own choice?
- Have you finished work from last few weeks?
- Are you visiting the other student bloggers and posters on my sidebar?
- Are you leaving me a comment each couple of weeks telling me which work you have completed so I know what to mark off?