Week 3 of the student challenge was using images. So today’s activities are:
- Create a jigsaw puzzle from an image and add it to a post on your blog
- Visit other children’s blogs to leave comments
Create a jigsaw – make sure you have saved an image to use on your computer
- Visit the following website
- Click on create in top bar
- Select image that you have saved on your computer that you want to make into a jigsaw
- Decide how many pieces, what type of pieces and whether they rotate or not
- Give the jigsaw a name and then click create at the bottom
Now you need the code to embed on your blog
- Top right corner is Share – choose the option of embed
- Now to the bottom of the page where it says Game
- Select the code underneath and copy it
- Back to your blog and start a new post
- Top right corner of writing area is Visual or Text – choose Text
- Paste into the writing area the code you copied earlier
- Save draft
- Check by right click preview to see if the puzzle is there
- If yes then submit for review or publish.
- Next time you start a new post, you will need to make sure it is in Visual not Text – only use Text when embedding code.
Visiting other blogs
Check out the jigsaw puzzles and stories that need an ending from the students listed below. Visit 1 from each group and leave a comment. Remember to include the URL of your blog in the comment, so they can come and visit you as well.
Some great stories to finish:
Some jigsaw puzzles to try are found here: