What is the difference between a page and a post? Make sure you check it out in the glossary in the header area of this blog.
Create a page about yourself
Remember not to include personal information (part of digital citizenship) but really tell us about yourself. You might want to check out some examples from other students and classes.
- Jake’s bio poem
- Jake’s updated about me page
- Jess’s about page
- Rio’s bio poem and Zylah’s poem using wordle
- Mrs Amri’s class page
- 3/4/5H also give you ideas for an autobiographical poem to create
- Teegan’s slideshare about herself
- Warrior Kat uses lots of visuals
Creating your about me page in steps
- Login to your blog, go to the dashboard>pages>all pages> hover under sample or about page and click edit.
- Delete whatever might already be in the box.
- Change the title to About Me or something similar.
- Remember to also edit the permalink to aboutme then save it.
- If you only have one row of icons above the box, click on the last icon called the kitchen sink. This opens a second row which allows you to change font colours and to insert from a word document.
- In the box, write a bit about yourself remembering to be internet safe. Make sure you have checked out the pages from other students mentioned – many of them have been blogging for a while.
- When you have finished click the big blue button on the right side of your screen – probably says update.